In a Nutshell
We are a software company operating in the energy sector. Our world class Software as a Service platform is the go-to option for leading energy suppliers and new market entrants alike. To understand what we do, think about your home. Somebody supplies your energy, and those suppliers are our customers. They need software to manage your account. We provide a wide range of solutions from signing up customers, taking meter readings and generating bills, to the roll-out of smart metering, managing revenue leakage and the interaction with energy comparison sites.
We are based in Nottingham in the UK but are expanding into other territories across the globe. We have just over 200 employees and are one of the fastest growing tech businesses in the country.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Internal Communications Manager plays a critical role in managing the creation and implementation of a variety of different communication activities and programmes which help align ENSEKS goals with the engagement of its employees. The role is responsible for developing strong, collaborative relationships across the company to ensure they are at the forefront of any internal developments and therefore keeping employees in the company connected.
- To review and evaluate internal communications and create a scalable internal framework and plan which considers priorities across all geographies, multi-channel delivery methods, timing and avoids overlapping of competing messages and employee burnout from over communication
- To manage, co-ordinate and drive all internal communications for ENSEK, developing internal messages which can be delivered to employees globally using a variety of communication channels and materials whilst maintaining consistency and alignment of branding – the look and feel
- To listen, challenge and influence the Executive Leadership Team, People and Marketing teams on the direction of internal communications
- To work in partnership with internal stakeholders such as Management, Regs, People, Marketing and Product to influence, manage and align delivery and content of communications
- Develop and implement creative, audience-specific communications in a Hybrid working environment
- To manage and drive initiatives around business engagement, social engagement, mental health and well-being in partnership with the wider organisation
- To create consistent messaging to embed ENSEK’s purpose, value and culture
- To create records of communications and align external messages internally
- To prepare internal written communications, presentations and briefing documents
- To monitor and measure levels of employee satisfaction and engagement with internal communications and implement new and creative methods
- To undertake the full range of duties relevant to the role and ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals / objectives
- A background in internal communications in a growing SME is essential along with demonstrable examples of successful internal comms campaigns with measurable results
- A track record in developing coherent, well thought through and strategically aligned internal communications & engagement plans
- Exposure to international communications are also advantageous
- Experience and knowledge of the latest digital and social media channels, how to use and analyse them
- Some knowledge of the energy market is desirable but not essential
- Keeping abreast of latest employee engagement and internal communication methods
- A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to build effective relationships and networks through collaboration with internal stakeholders is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential, with the ability to respect and manage confidential and sensitive information
- A flexible attitude and able to thrive in a high pressure environment
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving matrix environment and values the importance of teamwork
- Able to problem solve effectively and generate innovative ideas, in turn translating them into practical solutions
Other Relevant Duties
- To cultivate a climate of sharing positive information which aligns and engages employees to the company purpose, value and culture, continuously identifying and implementing ways to improve and evolve methods and practices across multiple geographies
- To maintain a broad understanding of practices and developments relevant to internal communications
- To promote and maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and teamwork across ENSEK