In a Nutshell
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be experienced in leading and delivering software development projects, ideally SaaS projects, to large and medium sized clients. This role is all about project delivery so it’s not just about updating project plans and project administration.
ENSEK are a fast-growing business but relatively small so you will have to be a ‘do-er’ and take ownership for and co-ordinate the E2E delivery with the support of the wider team. You’ll be working with a wide range of energy industry clients, from Tier 1 to smaller scale start-ups, so well-honed senior stakeholder skills is essential.
The work is incredibly varied and it's a role that that means you get to interact with just about everyone in the business. As a senior member of the Delivery team you’ll be expected to provide coaching and guidance to Delivery colleagues, socialise and implement best practice & encourage continuous improvement.
- Full project life cycle ownership from inception to deployment and handover to BAU support.
- Client leadership through the project providing expert guidance, advise and negotiation where required.
- Leading a number of internal & external projects which include helping new energy businesses to enter the market, client onboarding, transitioning clients from their legacy platforms to ENSEK’s SaaS platform, regulatory changes and new product development.
- Working with the wider ENSEK teams to deliver projects creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Providing delivery updates to both senior level client stakeholders and executive level internal stakeholders.
- Effective management and mitigation of delivery risks and issues.
- Working with the team to establish and continually improve best practice to expand and mature the delivery capability of the organisation.
- Provide advice, guidance and leadership to Project Management colleagues.
OTHER RELEVANT DUTIES
- Activity and resource planning.
- Cost estimating and managing the budget.
- Working with the sales team to promote ENSEK’s delivery capability to potential new clients.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a technical PM delivering software projects.
- Experience of leading projects involving 3rd party vendors.
- Experience of delivering Agile projects.
- Knowledge of the Energy industry is a huge bonus,
- Experience of leading SaaS projects is ideal but not essential.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to tailor to the audience.
- Relationship management skills to develop and nurture relationships with clients, vendors and team members.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and a good problem-solver with a structured approach to formulate the best outcome.
- Ability to keep calm when dealing with ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Strong negotiation skills is essential when dealing with clients and internal teams to deliver in line with expectations.
- Hands on, willing to roll their sleeves up to do what is necessary and ability to juggle the many demands on time.